Senior Incident Response Consultant - Home Based - £50-60k Depending On Experience
FTSE 250 listed global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
The role of an incident response consultant involves working on-site and remotely to provide support during incident response engagements and long term network monitoring activity. Within my clients Cyber Defence Operations team you will be required to work closely with clients to investigate, manage and resolve cyber security incidents. Although this is primarily a technical role, some level of client liaison and engagement management is expected of all consultants.
Services include proactive engagements to help customers improve their security posture and reactive response for customers who have suffered an incident. As part of a growing team there is the opportunity to develop in the area of cyber defence.
Experience / Skills:
Proven track record conducting incident response or investigative activity, including the ability to work with minimal supervision providing consultancy to our clients.
- Technical competency in host investigation & forensics, network analysis (IDS and packet capture) and malware analysis. Please note that consultants require a minimum level of understanding across all three areas.
- Proven ability to explain technical output to a non-technical audience, including formal report writing for clients.
- Must be prepared to travel both nationally and internationally if required, occasionally at short notice.
- Ability to qualify as a CREST Registered Intrusion Analyst (CRIA) within 6 months of joining.
- Responsible for adhering to all internal policy and procedures in relation to security and quality best practice.
- Experience of current, sophisticated targeted attack techniques or methodologies.
- A relevant professional certification (e.g. CREST CCHIA, CCNIA, CCMRE or equivalent).
- Software development or coding skills to produce bespoke tools in support of incident response.
- Knowledge of current penetration testing methods and the ability to transfer these to incident response and cyber defence.
- Ability to achieve UK Government security clearance (SC or above).
For more information please contact Pete Sanders on 01908 886033