Testing, Governance & Strategy Manager - up to 50k
Commutable from: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Wellingborough, Kettering, Rugby, Banbury, Corby, Leicester, Coventry, Luton, Bedford,
An exciting opportunity to work within a cutting edge technology environment at the heart of future payment technology.
You will be the Test Governance & Strategy Manager and responsible for multiple elements of Testing and Test Management during the lifecycle of a Project and ensuring highest quality of solutions are delivered through the Systems Test and Acceptance Test Levels, whilst remaining compliant with Policies and Processes. You'll be responsible for owning and driving the risk and governance framework around the company approach to testing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work to build better testing lifecycle procedures that will in turn aid productivity and cost improvements using knowledge of best practice.
- Development and continual refinement of Test Approach engaging with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that all Projects engage Testing for test estimation, test planning and test preparation at RFC stage and throughout the programme/project/change lifecycle
- Produce and assure an overall Master Test Plan, System Test Plan and Test Approach for each Project.
- Ensure that appropriate Testing is defined, documented and applied from the start of all projects according to the Test Strategy
- Responsible for definition of Test Strategy across all change
- Review and refine the Test Policy document
- Keep abreast of emerging test approaches and update approach accordingly
- Drive test quality improvement and active reporting of the Test team’s product
- Ensure test governance and gateways are in place to ensure the right level of control in deliverables
- Enhance ongoing Testing compliance and measurable (KPI’s) improvements
- Ownership of the risk framework and controls for the test function
- Review of all Project Estimates from Test Function to ensure they are consistent, accurate and applicable to the change.
- Development of testing standards and that the collective performance is of the required standard, meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Liaise with Auditors when they come to the test function to undertake audit reviews
- Responsible for test environment control and management
- Engagement and management of 3rd party suppliers and cost.
- Promote continual improvement within Test function
- Assess utilisation of testing tools in the function and ensuring the best tools are used
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive recent experience in Testing and all aspects of Test Management in a high data volume Windows Server environment
- Experience of leading a test team to best in class standard
- Excellent working knowledge of defect and configuration management tools
- Good solid experience in resource planning at a strategic level
- Evidence of designing, implementing and review process improvements
- Ability to transcend from setting strategic direction and on the ground delivery
- Good experience of managing offshore/on shore suppliers
- Excellent understanding of project and testing methodologies
- Demonstrable evidence of senior stakeholder engagement and working as part of matrix teams to drive business results.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Microsoft Project,
- Experience of project and financial planning on large projects
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- An industry recognised qualification in the quality/testing field would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Development Methodologies
- Knowledge of cheque clearing/payment solutions
Experience of testing in a Mainframe Environment
For more information contact Pete Sanders