Cyber Security Career Opportunities – Worcestershire
Interested in joining one of the world’s leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies?
*Employ 6000 people worldwide
*The UK’s largest research and technology organisation.
What you’ll get:
- Flexible working environment
- Technical and personal development
- Career opportunities across multiple domains
- Experience on cutting edge military and security systems
Market leading benefits package which includes:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Heath cash plan
- Holiday vouchers and discounts on both holidays and holiday insurance
- Dental insurance
- Buy additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free regular health assessments
- Discounted personal accident insurance
- Reductions on meals out and cinema tickets
- High Street Store Discount scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
Security Operations Centre Overview Recruitment Needs:
Must have a strong Network Security background. Someone who has a passion for self-development and eagerness to learn and develop their skills into the Cyber domain. The Analyst must show willingness to adapt and learn, a ‘hunter mentality’, focussing on analysing the ‘why’ behind any incident. To have the determination to investigate, summarise and relay intelligence learnt onto the appropriate party.
Senior Analyst (Multiple)
Must have cyber security experience in a similar environment. Someone who is looking for their next step to utilise their skills through hands on tasks within the SOC while having the ability to manage junior analysts where needed and deliver briefs and reports to customers or senior management when required.
The successful SOC Security Analysts will be responsible for delivering managed security services to a large number of key end-clients. They will provide first line analysis of information from a variety of security tools and will pass the information to designated escalation points, advising on remediation where necessary. This will involve monitoring the Security Management consoles, analysing intrusion, vulnerability and audit data, investigating and documenting security incidents, and correctly identifying and resolving incidents. They will also proactively identify major or common attacks for the purposes of tuning security devices, and will oversee the ongoing maintenance of security tools.
Skills & Experiences:
- Previous security analyst experience - monitoring, investigating, alerting and reporting security threats
- Network security background
- Experience of IDS/IPS systems
- A good understanding of threats, monitoring and vulnerabilities.
- A sound knowledge of networking and traffic flow
- SC clearance (or ability to achieve DV)
- A good team ethos and drive
- The ability to work unsupervised and under pressure
- A sound understanding of security technologies and there function within a networked environment
Nice to have:
- SIEM tool experience
- Network/Information/Cyber Security relevant qualifications and certifications.
- Logrhythm knowledge
- Sourcefire knowledge
- McAfee IPS/EPO knowledge
- Tripwire knowledge
- Incident handling experience
Extract from current employee on location:
“Based at the foot of the rolling Hills that provides a relaxed campus environment coupled with an enviable lifestyle. Fresh air, open space, excellent schools, vibrant local communities, cultural attractions and a main line railway station are just a few of the many benefits. Where is the logic in putting up with cramped accommodation, long commutes, parking hassles, congestion and pollution in the Cities when you can base yourself here with an amazingly stimulating job and be able to afford a much higher quality of life?”
Shift Pattern: 4 days on – 24 hour break – 4 nights on then 8 days off. Hours are 7-7.
Security Clearance: All candidates must be DV clearable.
Start Date: These people are needed ASAP.
Analyst - £35-40k plus 20% shift allowance
Senior Analyst - £50-65k, no shift work.
Forward your CV, along with a brief covering letter to Samuel.email@example.com to find out more.
01908 886 037