Project Manager - Infrastructure - Northampton
The role is for a Project Manager to deliver infrastructure projects within a large scale transformation programme where the client has extra work to deliver but no capacity available.
As Project Manager will be responsible for the full end to end of change including technology and business impacts of that piece of work. You’ll have accountability for budgets and resources and will be working to tight deadlines so you must be able to work well under pressure.
Your background must include working in financial services organisations and you’ll need a track record of delivering Infrastructure projects, sometimes against tight deadlines.
You will need all the usual Project Manager skills;
- Detailed understanding of the end to end project life-cycle
- Knowledge and experience of using a variety of project management methodologies including APMP, Prince II, Waterfall
- Experience in preparation and maintenance of project plans.
- Experience of resource planning and task management.
- Experience of report writing including financial reports.
- Experience of RAID log management
- Understanding and experience of stakeholder analysis and techniques to manage the needs and requirements of stakeholders
- Experience of managing the commercial and budgetary facets of a project, including forecasting and estimation techniques and cost management
- Awareness and experience of identifying and managing risks associated with projects in line with company governance
- Experience of dealing with client facing, large scale projects of a strategic nature, where appreciation of organisation-wide issues and implications is required
- Advanced MS Office and MS Project skills.
- Experience of managing dependencies and conflicts across complex projects.
- Managing internal and external Stakeholders
6 month initial contract, based in Northampton, any assignment offers will be subject to the successful completion of all criminal, credit and work background checks.