Project Manager - 12m contract - Northampton - Financial Services
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage a number of BAU changes on small, medium and large projects The projects will tend to have technical change to them but the role does not necessarily require an IT Project Management background.
You should have a financial services background and proven track record of delivering multiple changes at the same time, including large projects.
You will need all the usual Project Manager skills;
- Detailed understanding of the end to end Project life-cycle, including inception, understanding of design, development, testing and implementation elements
- Knowledge and experience of using a variety of project management methodologies including APMP, Prince II or equivalent
- Experience in preparation and maintenance of project plans.
- Experience of resource planning and task management.
- Experience of report writing including financial reports.
- Experience of RAID log management
- Understanding and experience of stakeholder analysis and techniques to manage the needs and requirements of stakeholders
- Experience of managing the commercial and budgetary facets of a project, including forecasting and estimation techniques and cost management
- Awareness and experience of identifying and managing risks associated with projects in line with company governance
- Experience of dealing with client facing, large scale projects of a strategic nature, where appreciation of organisation-wide issues and implications is required
- Advanced MS Office and MS Project skills.
- Experience of managing dependencies and conflicts across complex projects.
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating individuals within cross functional project teams, clearly defining responsibilities and deliverables, providing development and support and ensuring recognition is given as required.
- Uses various skills and methods to manage internal and external Stakeholders
- Appreciation of the importance of demonstrating emotional intelligence when responding to the various needs of a project team and external parties.
- Excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
Long term contract based in Northampton working across a number of important and challenging projects.