PMO Lead - Financial Services - Northampton
We're looking for a contract PMO Lead to join the team for an initial 6 month period working across and supporting a large digital transformation and change programme.
The PMO has 13 staff, some of who provide support in the BAU space from a reporting. finance and tracking point of view - this role ensures that those resources have done the reporting, finance & resource tracking in the set timelines. There aren't any direct reports as such, you'll ensure others in the PMO team have completed the tasks set by the clients governance cycle.
There are around 350 changes currently in BAU delivery (75% small, 15 % medium, 10% large) and the majority of the changes are to the clients existing landscape but some are now on the digital side and these will be the key changes as they go forward.
You'll be predominantly working in the BAU portfolio of change but also assisting as the client transition their digital programme into the BAU space, being involved from a PMO point of view and ensuring it embeds as efficiently as possible.
The following skills are required for the role;
- Chair the Change Review meetings with clients on a pre-agreed monthly basis, ensuring Clients are well briefed, understand the current position of all their RFC’s and are satisfied with the progress made to date
- Delivery small catalogue changes themselves.
- Support and assist the BAU Change Manager with overall portfolio reporting and governance / audit of change.
- Support BAU Project Managers with their changes from a governance point of view.
- Interface and communicate with major UK banks.
- Oversea other PMO resources work and give direction on delivery
- Ensure the database information is always up to date to ensure integrity of exported data for reporting purposes throughout the business.
- Collating the updates from the relevant parties and management and production of the pipeline on a weekly basis for the Board and other interested parties.
- Create and deliver comprehensive management information to support Programme and Project Managers.
- To cover the duties of the Programme Support Manager in their absence.
- Pull together monthly updates and collation of data to assist in the provision of the Aggregate Plan to the Executive Management Team.
- Monthly updates and collation of data to assist in the provision of the resourcing tool for Senior Management
- Monthly consolidation to ensure resource allocation.
- Ensure thorough understanding of all governance and processes within the department and wider business
- Ensure all controls and processes are in place, reviewed and fit for purpose.
- Thorough understanding of all Audit controls and conduct monthly internal audits.
- Responsibility for and maintenance of the Finance tracker
- Work with senior management to identify opportunities for new business and to improve service quality and efficiency.
- Work with the support team management and colleagues to identify and implement best practice.
Skills and Experience
- Finance Industry Knowledge
- Pragmatic experience in project management frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Project Governance experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong people and influencing skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- A proactive approach with a “can do” attitude.
You will need to successfully complete the clients screening process which includes both criminal and credit history checks.