SENIOR WEB DEVELOPER - 6 MONTHS INITIALLY - STAFFORD - CONTRACT JOBS @ IDENTIFI GLOBAL
£350 A DAY
What it’s all about…
Are you an expert web developer or PHP developer feeling bored in your existing role?
If so look no further then this truly exciting contract opportunity on offer!
Our DNA is that of a fast-moving start-up, but we have the clout and connections of the UK’s largest provider of technology to the hospitality industry. We work with household brands that we all know and love as well as being at the cutting edge of EPOS technology!
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who share our passion for driving innovation and using technology to build better businesses. We’re going on an exciting journey, and we need more like-minded travellers to help us get there
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the ongoing design, development and testing of existing and new products
- Ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the team to define, design and ship new features/products as required by the Product Owner / Business Sponsor
- Identify and correct bottlenecks in the delivery process
- Work to fix bugs as prioritised by the Product Owner
- Maintain and improve code quality
- Strive towards a continuous integration and delivery process in a pragmatic manner where appropriate
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team and ensure that pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented.
- Commercial experience developing in PHP
- Experience working with MVC frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- Experience working in a fast paced agency environment is a distinct advantage
- Competent Data skills including MSSQL and MySQL
- Demonstrates core belief in good user experience and best practice
- Understanding of web technologies, browsers and client-side technologies, browser/application server interactions
- Worked in an agile environment
- Use of GIT or equivalent in team based environments
- Developed code with Unit Tests
- Experience working with RESTful API’s and integrations with 3rd Party Systems
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Wordpress or other similar CMS
- Experience with Conldfusion is a huge advantage
- Experience in Net or Java
- Worked in continuous delivery or integration environments
- Test Driven Development and test automation experience
- Google Analytics implementation and reporting
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment, and to respond calmly and rationally to changing aspirations in a deadline-driven situation.
- Demonstrable ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
- Good communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss and explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritisation and a pragmatic approach
- Good team player, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of the wider team.
This is the challenge you have been looking for so please don’t delay and apply today!