Business Process lead - Police Digital Investigation and Intelligence (DII)
18 Month Contract
The internet has affected everyone in the UK and has changed society. It has also affected crime. Therefore Police authorities across the UK are looking at Digital Investigation and Intelligence to ensure they have a vision for developing digital intelligence and investigation capabilities, Clarity over the gap between where we are now and where we need to be. A new governance framework to plan, oversee and deliver these capabilities. A very clear message, to Police Staff, the government and above all to the public about how policing is going to be different.
This project will apply a structured methodology to the design and development of a DII service model. The project will include identifying the organisational and business change requirements in order to standardise DII activities within local policing and have a delivery model ready so that all Forces can benefit.
The team you will be joining will consist of internal Police Officers and staff from three different forces. The team will be supplemented by five external digital specialists in total.
This role will report in to the Service Architect / Manager, and will have responsibility for managing and leading three business analysts.
Key accountabilities and deliverables will see you support the delivery of project milestones/outputs to a high quality, within time and to budget. You will provide specific support and expertise to the project lead and service architect and be part of an effective joint team with the client and other resources. You will ensure an evidence based approach is employed to justify the analysis of options presented
Essentially, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate and evidence your ability to lead and manage business process design tasks
- Demonstrate and evidence your ability to develop and deliver a Target Operating Model
- Demonstrate your experience in developing a structured business analysis and evidence capture plan for new business processes, in a technology enabled and digitised environment
- Demonstrate your ability to co-ordinate the work and outputs of a team of business analysts that will work in multiple locations.
Nice-to-have skills and experience would include:
- Being able to evidence your ability to consider and assess various options for service delivery, and make recommendations
- Evidence experience of the concept of capability building blocks and related service delivery models
- Evidence experience of applying digital capabilities to investigation and intelligence, ideally in a policing environment
You must be a UK National with SC clearance or Non-Police Personnel Vetting equivalent to be considered for this role.
The majority of the work will be undertaken with the project team at Gloucestershire Constabulary HQ. From time to time there may be a requirement to work from other locations including Essex and Durham.