Business Analyst - Knowledge and Information Management
The client requires business change analyst services to support the ‘analysis’ phase for a project to implement an Office 365/SharePoint intranet, document and records management and collaboration solution. This is not a technical role. The supplier will co-ordinate activities within an assigned Directorate, plus act as lead BA.
As a Business Change Analyst you will with work alongside the Programme Manager, other Change Analysts, Directorate Business Champion (s) and functional leads, and SharePoint Technical Lead (s).
Conduct business analysis/information gathering and document findings and requirements on behalf of the 'solution design team'. For example:
Business activities and related document inputs and outputs; filing and finding needs; intranet and extranet publishing and content needs; information handling and collaboration needs; issues and requirement; migration analysis and plan; training needs analysis; benefits realisation; test scenarios and plan. Work-stream management: co-ordinate activities within a Directorate; produce weekly reports; report risks and issues; lead Directorate specific meetings and communications; act as a contact point for business champions and functional leads.
Southampton with some visits to other UK sites (including overnight stays).
You will be required to work onsite at the base location.
A work from home day is feasible for Consultants working away from home.
Some travel to other UK sites is expected, with potential overnight stay.
You must have a valid driving license.
Travel to other UK sites will be agreed and organised with expenses met by the project - All expenses will require prior approval.
Skills and experience
- Business analysis skills.
- Experience of working on similar projects (ECM/EDRM/Collaboration).
- Work-stream (or project management experience).
- Information and/or content management know how (information audits and information flows, file plans, metadata, retention, access).
- Business change management.
- Content migration experience.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- SharePoint on-premise or cloud.
- Office 365.
- Training delivery.
- Floor-walking and user support.
- Information architecture.
- Records Management.
- Ability to engage and explain technical and business requirements to non-technical contacts