Test Team Lead - Northampton
We require a strong Test Lead with a minimum of 5+ years test management experience and experience of financial services or banking.
TFS is advantageous but you must have good people leadership skills coupled with excellent communication abilities. Alongside day to day management of your own test team there will also be the possibility of travel around the UK to attend both industry and client bank meetings/workshops from time to time.
The project is going to be delivering part of an overall solution so its timelines will follow existing testing dates, as well as the industry testing windows, and a go live date later in 2017.
We are looking to on board the Lead ASAP in order to develop the strategy and next level of planning and deliverables so this position has a high priority with interviews being arranged this week and next.
The Test Team resides under the Change Delivery function and engage with the Project teams to ensure testing is involved early in the project lifecycle. All testing activities follow a Test Method as defined in the Test strategy, and adhere to the Change Delivery governance process.
The Test Team comprise of a System Test Team and Acceptance Test Team, which work cohesively together to deliver E2E testing within the Change Delivery function.
The Test Lead is responsible for:
- The day-to-day planning, preparation, coordination, management and delivery of testing activities for a specific project/programme of work which includes:
- System Testing (ST)
- Acceptance Testing (AT)
- Client Acceptance Testing (CAT)
- Industry Testing (Member Bank Testing)
- Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Supporting the Test Manager with ongoing testing improvement and compliance
- Supporting the Test Manager in Stakeholder relationship management, driving change and delivering quality through testing
- Accountable for the production of Sub Project Plan (MPP), Test Approach and Test Plan documents for the Project/Programme
- Responsible for resolving all issues affecting testing with the stakeholders concerned (e.g. missed entry criteria, unreliable resources, late environments etc.).
- Responsible for the production of Test Completion Reports (TCR) for the completion of each test phase
- Ensuring the Change Delivery governance is followed at each gateway.
- Planning and securing project/programme Test resource and supplying this information, in a timely manner, to the Test Manager for regular RDP updates.
Business Change and IT Experience:
- 5+ years in quality on testing roles on business change and IT projects either as a test team leader or test analyst
- Good working knowledge of common software packages including MS Office tools, email and the internet
The following key attributes are required:
- Good management skills
- Good customer service/client-facing skills
- Practical experience of the full quality and test cycle.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Plans, to plan and track testing deliverables, resourcing and budgets.
- Keeping track of all significant project/programme testing risks and ensuring that mitigating actions are taken.
- Identifying, documenting, and resolving all significant project/programme testing issues.
- Liaising with developers and project managers to resolve project/programme testing related risks and issues.
Testing and Project Management Qualifications (beneficial):
- ISEB/ISTQB Testing Foundation Certification
- ISEB Intermediate Testing Certification
- ISEB Testing Practitioner or ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certification
- ISEB Testing Practitioner or ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certification