Technology Specialist (Solution Design / 3rd line technically hands on) with demonstrable in depth knowledge of technology solutions including cloud platforms and IT Infrastructure.
Head office is based in Surrey (Near to Windsor) and the M3, M4, M25 junctions. You will be joining this global business who have a presence in 24 countries and are market leaders under different brands, you will support and influence the various ‘in-country’ IT leaders to make technical recommendations and to design solutions which enable and support business agility and flexibility, with the appropriate level of security, performance and reliability.
The role will include your working with and traveling to different countries on occasion (No more than 30% of your time – more focus on Europe).
You will work closely with the UK Based technology best practice manager and various businesses to identify and share IT technology best practices that can deliver efficiency and competitive advantage. The role will provide support to IT leaders in order to gain a good understanding of the current technical issues and requirements, and how IT best practice can be applied.
You will inspire and influence other business units within the group to adopt similar approaches towards IT by demonstrating best in class solutions and creating a set of guiding principles & best practices.
You will assist business units to implement plans, processes and technology to deliver efficiency and to improve scoring on the current IT Controls programme. You will need to maintain extensive knowledge of current and new technologies including cloud platforms and cloud models such as Iaas, Paas, Saas , in order to share innovation and best practise.
The various country IT teams are autonomous and this is about offering best practice advice and influence
Summary & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of technology solutions including cloud platforms.
- Overview of IT Infrastructure strategy & roadmap of the relevant business units.
- Facilitation of IT technology workshops with the business units.
- Recommendation of cost effective technical solutions that meet the needs of the business today, while being flexible to adapt as the business grows and changes.
- Guidance on creating appropriate documentation related to IT systems design, architecture and maintenance
- Key vendor global and local relationships established
- Business continuity and Disaster Recovery recommendations and plans
- Documentation (Case studies, white papers) & presentations to support group IT best practice sharing activities
When not working with the different county IT teams – you will be technically supporting the Head office Platform Architect – effectively providing a hands on 3rd line support function – hence the need to still be technically hands on.