Working as part of the Application Deployment Team the role will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of all SQL Server databases.
ROLE DESCRIPTION / PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Auditing the production environment.
- Trend analysis to provide capacity management.
- Proactively monitoring database systems to ensure performance, availability and security.
- Controlling and assigning privileges to ensure end user access to databases are authorised and authenticated.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Installing and testing new versions of the SQL Server Database Management System (DBMS).
- Managing the implementation of SQL Server patches and service packs.
- Automating the deployment of scripts, reports, SSIS and DTS packages.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Cross team collaboration and working
- Team working
- Initiative and innovation
- Delivery and Quality oriented
- Customer Focus
- Engaging and Influencing
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Time Management
- Project planning and control
SKILLS, TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server installation and configuration
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server database design
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server capacity planning
- Excellent knowledge of SQL Server clustering
- Excellent knowledge of database backup and restore strategy
- Excellent SQL Server database performance tuning capability
- Excellent root cause analysis & problem solving skills
- Excellent T-SQL scripting
- Good knowledge of DTS/SSIS packages and SSRS
- Good skills in the use of Microsoft Office products
- SQL Server Message Broker
- SQL Server log shipping and replication