SOC Analyst (NO SHIFT WORK) - £40-50k – Birmingham
A FTSE 250 international service company with an established Security Operations Centre are recruiting now. No shift work, competitive salary and great location with easy access by train or car.
Reporting to the Security Operations Manager, you will be responsible for daily monitoring and review of security incidents and will provide SME support for incident response activities through identification, containment, eradication and recovery.
- Act upon security events, requests and incidents logged in management systems such as Remedy and Assure or reported directly, to ensure that threats, vulnerabilities and breaches are managed to minimise impact to confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data. Attend risk assessments where appropriate to determine and record mitigating actions to identified risks.
- Use SIEM and service reporting tools to monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours. Refine and develop dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
- Use security tools and, where appropriate, develop simple scripts to assist with the ongoing analysis of a security event or incident. Perform quarterly network and wireless vulnerability assessments, create service requests with support teams to address weaknesses found and monitor and report on progress. Assist with forensic data capture and analysis under supervision when requested.
- As subject matter expert for operational security, provide advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintain relevant and current industry knowledge through publications, events and training.
Essential skills, qualification and experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills in Windows, Unix/Linux or Networking
- Experience using Vulnerability Assessment tools like Nessus, Qualys etc.
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like ArcSight, Splunk etc
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls etc
- Good understanding of IT security principles
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be security cleared. You are encouraged to take advantage of training courses and to develop your career. You can expect a generous salary of up to £50,000 (depending on experience) + together with 25 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Please note, that this role requires candidates to be holding SC clearance or be eligible to gain SC clearance.
For immediate consideration please contact Sam Page.
01908 88 60 37