Sharepoint Analyst/Developer – 3 month contract - Peterborough
- The role is to deliver Microsoft SharePoint application enhancements, bespoke development, features and
functionality along with user support.
- To deliver high quality solutions related to SharePoint and Microsoft web technologies and business systems which are written on the .Net platform, using either C# or other relevant development languages for the web.
- To provide and support the operation and development of SharePoint sites.
- Microsoft SharePoint custom solution design and code development, web parts, custom web applications.
- Microsoft SharePoint 3rd line user support, supporting user access, sites and custom applications.
- To work closely with key stakeholders to design and develop applications for intranet, extranet and in some cases public facing websites.
- To develop and provide support and maintenance for existing applications on a day to day basis.
- To define complex system requirements and objectives based on business needs.
- Thoroughly document all existing and new applications.
- Based in Peterborough, UK, this role will be involved in SharePoint implementations and support across the world.
Development Related Activities
- Define business specifications for the development of SharePoint applications
- Deliver SharePoint solutions to support business requirements (out of the box, custom development).
- Architectural design, web parts development, management and troubleshooting with a focus on planning, deploying and supporting enterprise SharePoint implementations
- SharePoint 2010 code development in C#, XML, XSLT, CSS, HTML
- Must possess an in depth understanding of the capabilities of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010
- Experience of migrating content from shared drives into SharePoint for document and records management purposes
- Advanced knowledge of developing and maintaining content in SharePoint
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint security models
- Deep understanding of SharePoint configuration management principles
- Experience of integrating\working with 3rd party SharePoint add-ins (Nintex, Bamboo, etc)
- Manage the SharePoint development requests pipeline across the whole delivery lifecycle, liaising with business partners and requestors to set and meet delivery expectations, from idea inception through to release and delivery
Support Related Activities
- Primary support point for 1st/ 2nd line SharePoint user access, site and application related support calls
- Includes internally developed applications and secure libraries
- Manage the installation of Microsoft and 3rd party patches, updates and code fixes including debugging and
implementing as required.
- Maintain and control user access, system and user documentation
- Participate in relevant internal SharePoint Governance meetings
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise 2010
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Database and Report, design and development (inc T-SQL)
- Visual Studio 2010, C# / ASP.Net / MVC
- XML, XSLT
- Source control (TFS / GitHub)
- UI /UX/ Image design and development
- CSS, HTML
- IIS Web application management and security (Microsoft IIS 7.0 or 7.5)
- MS Windows Server / Network infrastructure
- Microsoft Power View
Start date will be 1st August