Service Desk Analyst - £40k London
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform active monitoring of application services, where required restore or recover from application service events and/or failures Perform active monitoring of application services, where required restore or recover from application service events and/or failures Perform active monitoring of application services, where required restore or recover from application service events and/or failuresPerform active monitoring infrastructure and application services work with the Technical Service Desk where required to restore or recover from service events/incidents
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall performance and availability
- Perform system administration activities to ensure smooth operations across multiple production environments and clients
- Review existing monitoring tools and approaches and make recommendations on improvements or new functionality as required. Review and recommend improvements to policies procedures
- Support the Operations team in implementing ITIL best practice procedure in relation to all aspects of change management to improve baseline performance across the company product
- Work closely with Infrastructure partner to provide on-going integration support for the various interfacing tools
- Acts as an SME advisor across the Operations team and the wider business, supporting service delivery processes and technical resolution
- Configure systems to manage alerts, incidents and problems and fulfil requests to change these settings
- Work closely with the Service Delivery team to resolve day to day issues, providing cover and support to the team during peak activity periods
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in building and maintaining operations monitoring tools i.e. Solar WINS, HP Openview, CA Unicentre
- Strong experience in leading enhancements and upgrades to performance monitoring tooling
- Background in highly available systems and real time transaction processing
- Experience in partnering with stakeholders, change owners, vendors and support teams
- Technical background in Operations Infrastructure and IT Security, preferably having worked in a 24/7 operation
- Experience of working on Service Desks dealing with problem, incident and change management processes
- Practical experience and understanding of the ITIL framework
- Practical experience of the following systems – Microsoft tools, TCIP, i-series/AS400
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum of supervision.
- An open, approachable personality and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Positive attitude with the ability to embrace change.
- Ability to progress projects without support.
- Strong client/service orientation.
- A strong team player, works effectively under pressure, and ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
Should you be looking for an excellent opportunity to work for a fast paced and dynamic market leader please contact me today for more details.