Service Architect - Police Digital Investigation and Intelligence (DII)
18 Month Contract
The internet has affected everyone in the UK and has changed society. It has also affected crime. Therefore Police authorities across the UK are looking at Digital Investigation and Intelligence to ensure they have a vision for developing digital intelligence and investigation capabilities, Clarity over the gap between where we are now and where we need to be. A new governance framework to plan, oversee and deliver these capabilities. A very clear message, to Police Staff, the government and above all to the public about how policing is going to be different.
This project will apply a structured methodology to the design and development of a DII service model. The project will include identifying the organisational and business change requirements in order to standardise DII activities within local policing and have a delivery model ready so that all forces can benefit.
The team you will work with will consist of internal Police Officers and staff from Gloucestershire, Durham and Essex Police Forces.
The key accountabilities and deliverables will see you setting the strategy for the project, including defining the boundaries of the service model and the interfaces with related projects and programmes. You will ensure that the DII Service Model is consistent with related NPCC and wider Home Office projects and Programmes and you will provide subject matter expertise with regard to key digitisation topics such as enterprise architecture, digital security, assurance, available technologies and commercial business models. You will identify and authoring business cases and additional workstrands required to support the main project.
The team will be supplemented by five external digital specialists also.
Essential skills and experience required to perform this role:
- You will provide subject matter expertise with regard to digitisation topics such as enterprise architecture, digital security, assurance and current available technologies
- You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Evidence significant experience in designing and delivering complex, technology enabled transformation programmes
- Evidence an excellent understanding of digital capabilities and their application across both the public and private sectors
- Demonstrate experience of service based business analysis and design in a digital environment
Nice-to-have skills and experience would include:
- Evidence experience of the concept of capability building blocks and related service delivery models
- Evidence experience of applying digital capabilities to investigation and intelligence, ideally in a policing environment
You must be a UK National with SC clearance or Non-Police Personnel Vetting equivalent to be considered for this role.
The majority of the work will be undertaken with the project team at Gloucestershire Constabulary HQ. From time to time there may be a requirement to work from other locations including Essex and Durham.