Senior Cyber Security Analyst Needed
Birmingham SOC – Brand new open plan studio office
Snr Analyst/Shift Lead: £40-50k
Shift Allowance: 20% of base (not yet in affect as SOC not yet 24*7)
On call Allowance: 10% of base (1 week in 4 will be on-call)
Rare SOC Build opportunity with an organisation created solely for the purpose of providing world-leading Cyber Defence Managed Services and Solutions. Using award winning UK Protective Monitoring technology they deliver comprehensive protection, governance and compliance, reducing their clients exposure to cyber risk. This already established, growing and Government approved SOC are offering a huge opportunity for you to be a part of this amazing opportunity and build from the start. You’ll have a say, an impact and the chance to be a truly essential member of the company working on high profile/impact Government and private sector accounts. You’ll need to be either security cleared or clearable due to the nature of the role.
My client already have a Southern based SOC. Well established they service various high profile accounts. Due to demand and growth they’re investing in a new build Birmingham SOC. We are looking to recruit a Senior Shift lead.
More information below on all roles, please do get in touch for full details.
Standard Skills / Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related industry certifications
- Good understanding of common network services (web, mail, FTP, etc), network vulnerabilities and network attack patterns.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SIEM toolsets.
- Understanding of IDS and IPS technologies.
- Understanding of Windows event logs.
- Experience with enterprise information security data management.
- Understanding of network traffic analysis
- Experience with trouble ticketing and change management tools.
- ITIL Foundation Course.
- Cyber Security industry relevant qualification
- Network Security industry relevant qualification
- ITIL Intermediate Course in Service Operations or OSA.
- A proven track record of delivery in a multi-disciplined environment.
- Demonstrable experience of security related incidents and work requests.
- Familiarity with industry leading security products.
- Knowledge of Full Packet Capture toolsets.
Senior SOC Analyst / Shift Leader are specifically responsible for:
- Ensuring that all Security Monitoring Systems and Consoles, including all Availability Monitoring Systems are monitored diligently and in a timely fashion by the whole shift team.
- Providing on the job mentoring, guidance and advice to all SOC analysts and where necessary taking on the handling of incidents to ensure the best possible service is provided to the Customer.
- Reviewing alerts generated by SOC Analysts.
- Reviewing Customer reports to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Being aware of relevant Customer Service Level Agreements relating to Incident resolution and maximising the likelihood that they’re met.
- Escalating (where necessary) events and incidents to the Cyber management team.
- Ensuring the accurate and full completion of the SOC Status Checks and that any issues arising as a result of the checks or during the shift are recorded and managed.
- Troubleshooting monitoring system issues.
- Working with Customers to configure host IDS / IPS policies.
- Creating Rotas to cover shift patterns
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new customers and log sources
- Development of SIEM rules
- Performing analysis of log files.
For immediate consideration and more information about the client and opportunity please do contact:
01908 88 60 37