Senior Security Event Analyst
£neg depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
Our client is looking to recruit Senior (Level 2) Security Event Analysts contracted out of its site in Bristol, with International Assignment. The role will require candidate’s significant experience in the analysis and handling of network security related events and security event management, with experience of working at expert level as a security event analyst or cyber tools specialist in multiple areas of cyber technologies.
Security Clearance SC minimum (NATO SECRET required).
As the Senior Security Event Analyst working embedded within the NCIRC customer working environment, the successful candidate will be required to use their in-depth knowledge gained from both experience and qualifications in the Cyber Defence are nato work on advanced cyber-attacks against one of the largest cyber implementations outside of North America. This will include the utilisation of log analysis, IDS/IPS, FPC and forensics tools across a distributed sensor network. The SSEA will be required to provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to other staff members within the Event Analysis team.
- Support to Level 1 Event Analysts:
- Reviewing of tickets?
- Support for analysis of events?
- Retrieval and support in the analysis of Full Packet Captures (FPC)?
- Provision of in-depth analysis after ticket escalation?
- New threat analysis?
- Vulnerability Assessment scanning?
- Signature creation e.g. SNORT rules?
- Test and evaluation of signatures and rules prior to deployment in the operational environment?
- Evaluation and implementation of sensor tuning requests?
- Online research, such as creating new signatures, developing new methods of detecting and monitoring new threats, keeping abreast of developments in the cyber arena?
- Assistance in the support of legacy cyber sensor products?
- Provision of OntheJob
- Training (OJT) for the Level 1 event analysts, including tools familiarisation?
- Creation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Security Policies?
- Creation of a monthly report to the Customer and the Business?
- Adhoc taskings from the Incident Management Section (IMS) in support to investigations?
- Occasional deputisation for NCIA Subject Matter Experts (when required)?
- Monthly knowledge transfer meetings for information exchange with the internal cell.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Significant experience in the analysis and handling of network security related events and security event management.
- Essential to have one of more professional SANS (e.g., GSEC, GCIA) or CISSP certifications.
Expert level of management and analysis of (i.e. Security Event Analyst experience), or configuration, operation, troubleshooting and management (i.e. Tools Specialist) in at least three of the following areas, and a high level of experience in several of the other areas:
- ArcSight products,
- Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS),
- Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS),
- Network security appliances and networking devices and associated management software,
- A variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances), Computer Incident Response Centre (CIRT), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT),
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone, online and network)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Antivirus, Protocol Analysis, AntiVirus, Protocol Analysis, AntiSpyware, etc.),
- Secure web design and development,
- Military communication systems and networks,
- Network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to manage workload for themselves in pressurised environments to Time, Quality and Standards
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Security clearances to SC minimum (NATO SECRET required)
- Ability to mentor staff
- Ability to work on International Assignment embedded in customer location in mainland Europe.
- Ability to become SC/DV/NS cleared.
- This is an office based project role using a variety of equipment including display screen equipment, working full time hours which can often be in a demanding environment.
- Travel is required in mainland UK and throughout Europe.
For immediate consideration and a confidential conversation please contact Jonny Duggan.
01908 886 038