Security Lead X2 – An Opportunity through identifi Global
UK Wide Locations – £60-80k Depending on Experience + Bonus
If you can demonstrate strong skills in leadership, influencing, security risk, operations and infrastructure management in either a previous Information Security role in an operational or governance environment, preferably in a Financial Services organisation, then read on and see what could be available to you for your next career move:
Our 300+ year old client is one of Europe’s leading insurance brokers with over 32 million customers. This award winning company employees over 30000 team members and colleagues dedicated to the companies professional and ethical values. With offices working across 16 markets in the UK, Europe, Asia and Canada, this company is offering the opportunity to join a team of world changing ethical professionals who are committed to improvement and innovation.
Few professionals like yourself would associate exposed brick walls, table footie and vintage posters in a trendy London district with a Fortune 100 insurance broker, however this company has invested in just that. A Digital haven dedicated to innovation.
Managers are being encouraged to break every rule in the book, and not feel constrained by traditional ways of doing things in the industry, to achieve change and a way of thinking that can resonate through the business to improve and exceed expectations.
You will be joining the CISO team of 16, a part of a wider security team within the Global CISO business unit of circa 500 people, to ensure that UK business lines develop, build and operate secure applications and install a secure IT and business infrastructure.
What’s in it for you?
- UK Wide location flexibility, with home working options: Bristol, London, East Anglia, North Yorkshire.
- Up to £80k base salary + 12% Bonus achievable
- Medical cover
- 29 days holiday + bank holidays
- Fortune 100 Financial Services Client
- Annual performance related pay review and bonus
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Excellent flexi-benefits package
- The Bristol site includes free parking, free bus service to and from Bristol City Centre, restaurant, fully equipped gym, W.H. Smiths and a cash point
You will be part of a dedicated team that supports UK operations in achieving its objectives and to mitigate any risks through the adoption of industry best practice via policy, effective risk management, assurance and training.
The main focus of this role is to manage and contribute towards the delivery of both technical and non-technical change initiatives lead by both business and internally within UK CISO; the role will involve engagement with stakeholders from across all areas of the business and its suppliers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working to the UK policies and standards set by the UK CISO team and industry best practice to ensure the security aspects of the UK markets are implemented and managed in an effective and appropriate manner via the proactive and reactive engagement in change and BAU initiatives.
- Promote the processes and standards set by the Global & UK CISO teams to ensure all UK CISO initiatives, projects and programs are secure by design and well managed and that a sustainable control environment is embedded.
- Develop strong relationships with all necessary security, IT and Business stakeholders to ensure the security risk picture is well understood and managed effectively.
- Develop firm understanding of local business plans, products and objectives.
- Establish and embed appropriate processes to ensure that adequate security assurance is undertaken in relations to the business change initiatives.
- Take an active lead to evangelisation of security concepts and promote secure design across the UK CISO business.
- Analysing and producing MI on a monthly basis, establishing root cause, identifying any remedial actions to take and liaising with the relevant team/area to get issues resolved.
Skills & Experience required
- CISSP or CISM qualified.
- Broad experience of security management concepts built up over a number of years in dedicated technical and security operations and / or management roles.
- In-depth knowledge of IS governance processes and practices, including ISMS monitoring and control frameworks such as, ISO, ISF and COBIT, their relationships to other frameworks and their application within a financial services environment or other highly regulated industry.
- Good understanding of Secure Development Lifecycles and their application in an agile environment.
- Good understanding of security architecture principles and processes.
- Good knowledge of IT Operations procedures and best practices.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Disciplined and organised mind-set with a good attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage a demanding and variable workload with tight deadlines.
For more information please contact Sam Page.
01908 88 60 37