Security Engineer - Basingstoke - UP TO 45k (Neg) + Bonus and Excellent Bens
A Security Engineer is required by this global leader in transaction Security. Here you will be able to combines accredited with non-accredited, customized, testing to help customers improve the security of software in their embedded systems and web- and mobile application. As the Security Engineer you will provide independent security evaluations of chip products or software based products applied in payment, governmental, transit or mobile industry.
As a Security Engineer you will be expected to maintain a high level of expertise regarding known threats and to follow technical developments in the embedded security arena to protect transaction devices. In addition, the role will require someone with demonstrated capability to work creatively and with minimum supervision after suitable training has been provided.
- As a Security Engineer you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- To undertake security evaluation tasks, such as vulnerability analysis, code review, attack testing and report writing;
- Review of security architecture (physical and logical), design and product life cycle documentation;
- Occasional travelling to customer sites to deliver training and consultancy;
- To meet customer and project timelines;
- Design and development of test tools and test scripts;
- To assist the Lab Manager in maintaining accreditation standards such as; equipment and site maintenance, ensuring adequate record keeping.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Physics or similar field (Science/Technology/Mathematics);
- Understanding of embedded system security and cryptography;
- Technical understanding of how to apply evaluation standards to the target of evaluation;
- Experience working in a Laboratory environment;
- Experience in circuit analysis, fault finding and PCB design/repairs;
- Computer Networking (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi);
- Experience in Source Code reviewing/analysis in one or more of the following (C, C++, Assembly Languages, Java, Python.);
- Knowledge of common operating systems (Windows, Linux, Android);
- You will be required to undergo a valid Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check for security reasons.
For immediate consideration please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033