SC CLEARED SECURITY ENGINEER / PEN TESTER - 6 MONTHS INITIALLY - PORTSMOUTH - £NEG PER DAY
CONTRACT ROLES - IDENTIFI GLOBAL
The Security Engineer and Pen Tester role requires the responsible person to have a solid base of practical experience in security, including use of the common Penetration Tool (e.g NMAP, Nessus, Wireshark) and also experience in system engineering on large projects. The Security Engineer and Pen Tester role encompasses a number of differing tasks – to include:
- Management of the issues arising from External penetration testing, auditing and ITHC activities.
- Interfacing with engineering and deployment teams to identify Penetration Test mitigations and overseeing their deployment to the operational environment.
- Security testing of the production and validation environments to assure deployment of mitigations.
- Liaison with external Testing companies to procure validation tests.
- Definition of lockdowns, specification of validation for lockdown.
- Security guidance to the other engineering groups and subcontractors
- Technical Assessment of vulnerabilities and their impacts (application, system, operational) then consultation on resolution.
- Support to verification, including definition and execution of test procedures
- Activities as directed by the Security Manager.