Job Title: Security Engineer
Salary: £neg. depending on experience
Our client is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Our client is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector, and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD.
Headquartered in Europe, they have over 45,600 employees. With its offices and industrial plants, the Company is present in 180 sites worldwide in addition to strategic partnerships in the most important high potential international markets.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Award-winning pension scheme
- Flexible working and additional flex-leave schemes
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare voucher scheme
- Generous relocation package
- Onsite Occupational Health Service
- Onsite shops and restaurant facilities
- Employee discount schemes
- Learning & Development budgets
- Career break scheme
- Reserve Forces support
The Security Engineer position is to maintain network security devices to enable the pro-active defence of networks within a managed service SOC environment providing protective monitoring to multiple commercial customers. Working within an ISMS environment, the individual will work in accordance with ITIL service management framework and ISO27001 best practises.
The Security Operations Centre (SOC) offers leading edge protective monitoring service, device management and CIRT to its customers and will keep abreast of evolving Cyber threats and identifying new and sophisticated methods of detecting them across a customer’s IT estate, through the deployment of the right people, right processes, right technology and right intelligence.
Key Responsibility Areas
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work under the direction of the Device Manager Team Leader to maintain security devices and show demonstrable experience in managing SIEM environments, NIDS, HIPS, firewalls, proxy servers, content filters and packet capture devices.
- Work with customers to shape and determine appropriate policy and signature rules. This includes tuning and development of the creation of custom intrusion detection and SIEM signatures and rules, including the efficient onboarding and understanding of varying customer log sources into SIEM environments.
- Work in collaboration with other Device Managers and the Device Manager Team Leader to ensure customers have devices that are fully operational and secure.
- Act under license from Engineering to maintain the configuration and have sound understanding and technical experience in server administration, including GPO deployment, patching and network device configuration and hardware management (including cable management).
- Work under strict change control processes to ensure only authorised changes are made to devices. The role holder will also be responsible for process improvement to ensure delivering the most efficient and secure process possible.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, and will support the completion of weekly and monthly service reports to customers.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- SIEM environment management experience
- NIDS & HIDS management
- Windows & Linux desktop and server environments
- Software maintenance including GPO, Anti Virus, Patching.
- Networking (LAN Topologies, Switching & Routing and Firewalls, IDS)
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail and zeal for continuous improvement
- Applications & Services (DNS, DHCP server management)
- Networking (WAN Topologies, VPN, IPS)
- Scripting (Powershell, Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Snort signature writing
- CompTIA Server+, MCSE, LPIC or equivalent
- CompTIA Cloud+, VCP or equivalent
- CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security or equivalent
- CCNA Routing & Switching or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation
For immediate consideration please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886030 or email email@example.com