Security Architect – Government – SC enhanced
This government organization is undergoing a upgrade of their technology estate and as such are looking to engage with highly experienced and qualified Security Architects to drive effective technology change and transformation.
- Design and implement Security and Infrastructure solutions that align to architectural principles and standards.
- Ability to write architectural design documents, or review design documents provided by others.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data-centre and application software.
- Liaise with projects and business representatives to design and implement Security and Infrastructure solutions in line with the business requirements.
- Provide technical support and training (if required) of IT personnel to ensure high level of business performance
- Carry out assessments to identify operational limitations and gaps in functional coverage of designs.
- Ensure proper documentation of solution designs in line with processes.
- The existing Chief Architects will act as an assurance mechanism for the contractor through regular design reviews, project reviews and design authority meetings.
- All deliverables will be produced to a quality standard aligned to industry recognised requirement management practice.
- All deliverables have been commissioned by and will be presented to the Chief Architect for final approval and acceptance.
By the end of contract, a handover with comprehensive documentation covering applications Assurance and Governance must be completed.
End of contract
- A Lessons learned workshop will be completed at the end of the assignment by contractor and Chief Architects.
- An End of Assignment report to be completed by contractor with summary of delivered benefits via project delivery mechanisms.
- Experience within Secure Government organisations as either a Security and or Infrastructure Architect.
- Experience in designing Secure Gateway Solutions.
- Experience in designing and implementing SIEM solutions.
- Experience in designing and implementing secure ‘On Premise’ Infrastructure Solutions.
- Experience in designing and delivering secure infrastructures within cloud environments (Azure, AWS).
- Excellent understanding of Government Security processes and procedures.
SC enhanced security clearance is required.
If contractors have ANY spent or unspent criminal convictions for any offence including all cautions and bindovers, but EXCLUDING minor traffic offences, they will not be eligible. This post is NOT protected by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
You will be required to complete Security Vetting paperwork and MUST disclose if they have a criminal conviction or cautions, including those that are spent, as part of this process.
Clearances must be currently held and this is an immediate requirement. Location is ideally London but has the potential for some flexibility.