Research Software Engineer - London - £40-50k + Bonus - Con
Software Engineer needed for this London-based company developing the next standard of encryption, future proofing the cyber security of critical devices and communication. This is a broad role and exciting opportunity in a dynamic and fast-growing business on the cutting edge of technological progress, and offers great growth and development opportunities.
You'll be working with the Defence (military & intelligence services) and the IoT ‘fatality’ market - e.g. transportation (connected cars, planes), critical infrastructure (traffic control, power plants) and healthcare (pacemakers, insulin pumps).
You'll work with leading scientists in quantum sciences, photonics, cryptography and chip development at universities around the world.
As the Research Software Engineer you will be required to manage and be responsible for all codes developed within the business. You will be responsible for:
- Developing software for hardware on different platforms (Android, Raspberry Pi...), resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Coordinating with the work of other software developers, scientists and hardware engineers
- Participating in development of software user manuals
- Decomposing and estimate requirements for changes to the software
- Providing status reports on development progress
- Participating in Client reviews, team meetings, and status meetings
- Providing recommendations and solutions to issues with existing code and hardware solutions
- Using and manage code repositories and build environments
- Using and manage issue/bug tracking tools
- Attend high level meeting with external 3rd parties
- ‘Taking ownership’ mindset & ability to get things done;
- Confidence to challenge others based on common sense;
- Knowledge of one or more of Java, Kotlin, C++, etc
- Knowledge of security concepts and concerns in software, especially with respect to mobile and IoT platforms
- Appreciation for standard software engineering practices: CI, TDD, Issue Tracking, Version Control, etc..
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more of Quantum Mechanics, Semi-conductor Physics, Quantum Photonics, Quantum Information, Mathematics, Computer Science
- Knowledge of Android and Unix development stacks
- Knowledge of a security framework, e.g. the Java Security Framework, OpenSSL, etc
We are looking for someone who can take ownership, be curious and get things done. To achieve this, we are seeking an experienced developer who is ready to accept the challenge of working in a growing business. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to guide a swiftly growing start up. Your starting salary range is £40,000 to £50,000 depending on your experience, and this salary will increase when the company grows.
For immediate consideration please contact Peter Sanders