Project Manager (Digital) is required to join a large business who are currently working through a companywide Digital Transformation programme.
You will manage and deliver multiple work streams and various types of digital improvement projects.
Amongst a range of different business led projects and change initiative, we are extremely interested in managers who can help manage API integration and bespoke web functionality based projects.
You will join the project delivery team to manage multiple small to large projects end to end using the internal project methodology, whilst keeping risk and impact to Business Performance and IT services to an absolute minimum.
The organisation is using insight and digital systems and technology to allow them to become more customer centric.
You will help to embed a culture that embraces the digital world so the wider staff have a greater level of confidence about using technology to build efficiency and provide enhanced customer experiences.
Traditional project management skills are still key:
- Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects
- Be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering the project
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration. Set up projects to give you full visibility but allow the team to collaborate independently
- Produce realistic timings with clearly flagged milestones
- Work with third party agencies and suppliers to jointly scope, manage and deliver projects when appropriate
- At the start of a project, analyse the areas that could potentially throw the delivery off track, log these risks and list what you plan to do to mitigate against them
- Be firm but fair in judgement: push back when scope creeps or suggested budgets are not realistic whilst understanding the constraints of the project.
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Understanding of various project management methodologies including Prince 2 and Agile
- Commercial awareness in a negotiating capacity
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing customer expectations
- Strong customer focus and expertise in setting and managing customers expectations
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding
Company bonus scheme, pension scheme, co car allowance, staff welfare scheme, private medical insurance based in Bedford.