Principle SOC Analyst (NO SHIFT WORK) – Up to 60k – Birmingham
A FTSE 250 international service company with an established Security Operations Centre are recruiting now. No shift work, competitive salary and great location with easy access by train or car.
They’re looking for someone who can take on decision making responsibilities, make changes to team and process as well as lead and mentor the team. This role will offer you more freedom than any traditional SOC.
- Oversight and deeper analysis of protective monitoring security events, requests and incidents, to ensure that threats, vulnerabilities and breaches are managed to minimise impact to confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data. Applying their methodologies and working practices in the SOC and work with the management team to enhance current and future monitoring service.
- Develop SIEM and service reporting tools to monitor the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours. Refine and develop dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of security operation analysts and key driver/stakeholder in the development of solutions and project improvements.
- Assist delivery of customer monthly reports to present activity and outcome of operational security services. Provide recommendations and attend monthly review meetings where appropriate.
- As subject matter expert for operational security, provide advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintain relevant and current industry knowledge through publications, events and training.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of evolving threats to ensure the security of client networks.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in network and systems monitoring
- Strong SOC experience
- Qualifications within the IT Security field desirable though not essential. SANS Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), Certified Incident Handler (GCIH),Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CREST – CRIA, CCHIA, CCNIA
- Must have excellent communication skills
- An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or secure communications and Information systems and/or system security architecture and/or malware
- Experience of working with senior managers and customers
- Experience using Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools like ArcSight, Splunk etc.
- Knowledge of network protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, PKI, Firewalls etc.
- Experience using Vulnerability Assessment tools like Nessus, Qualys etc.
Please note that this role requires candidates to be holding SC clearance or be eligible to gain SC clearance.
For immediate consideration please contact Sam Page
01908 88 60 37