Operational Security Specialist - Milton Keynes - £Neg + Bonus + Excellent Bens
Are you a SOC Specialist? Want to work for the one of the UKs leading retailers?
Working for this company you’ll be part of the driving force behind one of the UK’s leading digital retail transformations. They’re doing things no one else on the high street is even thinking of, let alone doing. So if secure innovation gets you excited, you’ll play a key role in this reinvention.
As such their customers, colleagues and shareholders are critically dependent on the security of these technologies to drive the continued success of the business.
We are looking for and Operational Security Specialist to work within challenging and dynamic environment with highly ambitious and delivery focused Cyber Security team.
- Reviewing, validating, classifying, and responding to security events.
- Analysing a variety of network and host-based security rules and policies (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Proxies, CASB, etc.)
- Reviewing and analysing network traffic events, IDS/IPS events, investigating intrusion attempts and performing in-depth analysis of exploits and attacks
- Conducting proactive threat and vulnerability research
- Participating in incident reporting for high priority events, from initial response to triage, to determining remediation actions and escalation paths
- Performing reviews on Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) reporting to ensure comprehensiveness and completion
- Evaluating operational security solutions and mechanisms, and advising on ways of improvement to security challenges
- Providing direction and support to less experienced security staff to orient them and increase their understanding of more complex security analysis and design
- Generating and analysing security compliance reports and threat and incidents reports to facilitate Compliance Monitoring activities
- Contributing to Cyber Security performance metrics and measuring reporting with the aim to continuously improve the Cyber Security function performance
- Ad hoc analysis
- Supporting the Cyber Security Manager in preparing reporting materials covering operational security and other reports as and when required
- Working knowledge of Information Technology principles and architecture
- Experience of information security, information technology/architecture and information security technical controls
- Working knowledge of information security products such as Checkpoint, BlueCoat, Proofpoint, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DarkTrace, etc
- Experience working in a SOC environment or operational security functions
- Be the subject matter expert
- Ability to engage stakeholders at all levels within the Information Systems division