Network Security Operations Engineer
£50-£60k plus benefits
Our mission is to connect people to knowledge. We provide intuitive, cognitive knowledge solutions – minimising the effort required for people to find, consume and share what they know.
- Be passionate and committed.
- Obsess over customers, not competitors.
- Defy conventions - always think BIG.
- Express the will to be awesome.
- Keep calm and embrace the weird.
The company is a highly successful Software as a Service company and leading provider of multi-channel Knowledge Solutions for customer-facing websites, corporate intranets and contact centres. Enabling organisations to achieve high-impact wins on improved service, reduced costs and increased sales. The company’s corporate headquarters are in Cambridge, UK.
As a Network Security Operations Engineer, you’ll be joining a small team responsible for the continuous service delivery of SaaS services from UK data-centre facilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilties
- Management of large-scale, high-performance network deployments. Continuous development of these systems to keep pace with the latest technologies and best practices. These systems include routers, firewalls, load-balancers, firewalls, web-application firewalls. Hardware includes Juniper MX series routers, SRX firewalls, EX and QFX series switches.
- IDP/IPS deployment, continuous development and day-to-day operation.
- SIEM deployment, continuous development and day-to-day operation.
- IPSec VPN deployment.
- SDN using OpenVswitch and OpenFlow.
- PKI keymaster.
- Public peering over public internet exchanges (in particular LINX peering).
- Maintaining RIPE objects.
- Ensure systems are configured to achieve maximum uptime, performance and availability.
- Proactive monitoring, alerting and trending of infrastructure.
- Automating routine maintenance, provisioning and backup systems.
- Security auditing and reporting
- Exceptional Junos networking technical skills (JCNIE-SEC certification desirable)
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and protocols especially BGP
- IPSec VPN deployment and maintenance
- Ability to fluently write scripts in either Perl or Python. Knowledge of shell scripting and related tools.
- In depth knowledge of TLS/SSL server certificates, client certificates, cipher suites and associated server hardening.
- Full UK driving licence is essential.
- Familiarity with monitoring systems; for example any of SNMP, MRTG, Cactus, Nagios, Zabbix.
- Knowledge of load-balancing/content switching.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of TCP/IP and its routing protocols is desirable.
- Comfortable with most aspects of Linux systems administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Able to solve problems quickly and completely, displaying independent problems solving and self-direction skills.
- Strong communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications.
- Able to document standard operating procedures in a concise and accurate manner.
- Meticulous about detail.
- Capable of working pro-actively in carrying out day-to-day role with limited need for supervision.
- Foster good working relationships with first-line Customer Support and Development Teams.
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers.
- Keep abreast of new IT technology.