Security Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
Part of the Technical Services, TAC security team, with a primary base in the Hemel Hempstead NOC.
This is a security role that covers the entire lifecycle of a service from initial design through operation support and maintenance.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Security Engineer in the Technical Services Security team, you will play a key role in designing, building and operating the security functions that underpin hosted private cloud platform, (Workplaces), the corporate environment and other end customer security systems.
The role also requires the ability to take either a technical and/or compliance requirement and be able to design and build an appropriate solution to meet the requirement.
Your role will include but will not be exclusive to:
- Hands on technical role with Cisco and Check Point security products.
- Operation and support of security devices in a number of environments including tracking and remediating vulnerabilities as appropriate.
- Remote support to end customers using Cisco and Check Point security products
- Analysing security systems logs and reports
- Monitoring and responding to security incidents
- Ensuring that activities conform to internal and external compliance requirements
- In Depth knowledge of firewall products VPN technologies and Identity management systems (ACS, ISE)
- Moves ads and changes for managed environments
- Potential for implementation and project work
- On call as required
Skills and experience
- Practical experience of designing, building and operating firewalls and other security systems as part of a secure environment.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and network architecture
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
Cisco Security experience in order of importance
2. ASA Multi context
3. VPN IOS & ASA
4. ACS ISE
Check Point Security Experience
- SIEM Systems especially LogRhythm
- 2 factor authentication solutions especially RSA
- IPS Sourcefire
- Understanding of UK Government security standards and or PCI
- Familiarity with Vulnerability management and security testing
- Cisco CCNP Security
- Check Point CCSA CCSE
Forward your CV, along with a brief covering letter to Samuel.email@example.com to find out more.
01908 886 037