£30k + benefits
About the Company
The company is a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group operating in 50 countries. Whilst some companies claim to be ‘the best thing since sliced bread’, this company actually are! In the 1930’s they introduced sliced bread to the UK for the first time.
The Network Analyst’s role is to support the network systems across the enterprise. This includes configuring and troubleshooting the primary & secondary data centre core networks all local and wide area network connections. Responsible for BAU break/fix incident resolution across the global data and voice network and the provision of service requests across a disparate infrastructure estate in the US, EMEA and APAC.
Some of the responsibilities include:
• Use monitoring and analytical tools to maintain a robust data network.
• Work with 3rd party suppliers to resolve and escalate issues if required.
• Raise appropriate change control requests when required.
• Maintain up to date technical documentation.
The Person Required
The right person will ideally be educated to college diploma or university level or have 3 years equivalent work experience. Ideally a certification in one of the following would be beneficial; Avaya/Nortel, Cisco CCNA or Checkpoint.
Knowledge in the following areas would be great too:
• Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, WiFi, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP.
• In-depth knowledge of network management and analysis tools, including Castlerock (SNMPc).
• Experience working in a switched and routed environment.
• Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current network hardware.
• Skilled at configuring switches, routers etc.
• Knowledge of Nokia Checkpoint firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other network security measures.
• Knowledge of VOIP.
• Knowledge of Riverbed.
In addition to the technical skills mentioned above, the company are looking for someone with strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, highly self-motivated and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Working Environment and Package
In return for your services and commitment to the company, you will work in a rewarding, valued and challenging environment. Your typical week will be around 37.5 hours per week with some travel required at times. Outlined below are the benefits attached to the role:
- Up to 10% bonus.
- Matched up to 10% pension.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- ‘My Staff Shop’ membership.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity or would like to apply then please contact Jonny Duggan on 01908 886 038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.