Magento/PHP Developers needed for fantastic retailer in Manchester.
This leading online retail organisation are looking for Magento Developers to help drive their work forward, improve the performance and stability of their systems and develop software engineering best practice across the organisation. They have a rapidly expanding dedicated team to build and maintain the technology. They’ve grown massively in the UK and are now extending into international markets. Their senior engineers are not just coders, they raise the bar for the whole business, sharing their knowledge across the organisation, mentoring upcoming talent and getting things done.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Web application development, mainly in OO PHP / Magento
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be involved in technical discussion and become a subject matter expert. Work with the operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
- Support an open, positive, and motivating culture. Support and inspire other engineers to build the best e-commerce platform in the UK. Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of performance, quality, reliability, scalability, availability and security
- A background in commercial development, most likely on e-commerce platforms
- A solid understanding of OO PHP and substantial experience of Magento
- A track record of constant learning and understanding of current technology opportunities
- Demonstrable experience of MVC frameworks like Zend, Symfony, Laravel
- Knowledge of Akeneo, PHP, XML, JSON, APIs, XHTML, HTML5, MySQL working with complex schemas
- Production experience with UNIX/Linux environments.
- Experience building highly scalable and complex distributed systems
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing (Google or Amazon) highly desirable
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Composer, Docker, Git, GitHub, Continuous Integration, PHPUnit,
- You’ll be an ambassador for the brand.
- Attend training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or senior management.
- Assist colleagues by completing tasks outside of own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies.
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
Competitive salaries available for good candidates. You must be currently eligible to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.