Junior Cyber Security Practitioner – London – Up to £35k depending on experience
Here at identifi Global we exclusively manage all recruitment for a leading Information Security and Cyber Risk Management Consultancy based out of Waterloo, London. We have positions available for Junior Cyber Security Practitioners within our Professional Services practice to assist in the delivery of key client contracts.
What’s in it for you?
Initial demand and interest in my client’s SOC is staggering. They are looking to build a true internal development model for all employees. As the SOC grows you will progress!
- Training allowance pot – a percentage of your base salary is added into a pot to be used as you wish for personal development.
- Critical illness medical cover
- Security Clearance
- Company pension
- True internal growth and development structure
- Holidays and training day flexibility
- Regular appraisals and pay rise reviews
- Consultancy career development plans
Role and Responsibilities
The roles will require an understanding of Cyber Security and is ideally suited to a graduate looking to begin their career in cyber security. The role will provide exposure to a variety of security disciplines and practices which include:
- Risk and Compliance Assessments (ISO27001, HMG Practices)
- Technical Architecture and Secure Design
- Threat Intelligence Practices
- SOC Security Analysis and Onboarding
The Security Practitioners will be involved and assist in activities which ensure that technical solutions are secure and resilient and are capable of meeting client’s requirements.
Preferred/ Desirable Skills
The ideal candidate will have a variety of the following skills:
- Holds or aspiration to achieve security qualifications (such as CISSP, SSCP, CISM, etc.).
- Have knowledge of ISO27001 or PCI DSS
- BSc or MSc in Information Security/Cyber Security/Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Aspiration to achieve a CESG/NCSC Certified Professional (CCP) qualification.
Other Key Skills:
- Motivated and show a positive can-do attitude
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent report writing skills
- Show a desire to learn, adopting a flexible and pragmatic approach and be highly motivated
- Exceptional team working ethic and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and take instruction from senior members of the team
- Prefers to stay in the forefront of new IT developments and techniques
- Have a basic understanding of modern day IT technologies and services, such as Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, IT Security, and Infrastructure technologies.
- Practical technical experience with a good understanding of the following would be advantageous; Web Applications, Web Services, Crypto, IP Networking, IPSEC, SSL/TLS, High Availability & DR.
- Already hold or be willing to go through a government security vetting process.
For immediate consideration and a confidential conversation contact Sam Page at identifi Global.
01908 88 60 37