IT Security Specialist - Milton Keynes - £40-45k - Global Organisation
IT Security specialist required to support the Head of Information Security with the development and implementation of the Information Security Strategy. You will be responsible for the development, review and alignment of Information Security Policy and associated standards and guidance. Supporting the delivery of information security awareness and dissemination of good practice. Producing management information to support the on-going improvement to information security
As a member of the Information Security team, you will ensure that the confidentiality, availability and integrity (CIA) of the internal information and information systems is protected. This will primarily be achieved through identification and recommendation of risk mitigation treatment plans and specialist IT security consultancy to support the needs of the business.
The Security team provides advice and develops and maintains policies to ensure the organisations IT systems are designed, developed and maintained in an optimal manner to provide the necessary security and accessibility.
The Infrastructure team are responsible for the design and strategic management of the Communications, Systems and IT infrastructure for the business. It is on these foundations that the other two Sections of Information Technology build applications and operational services. The Section includes the Host Systems Group, Network & Telephony Group, the Distributed Systems Group and the Security Group, each providing leadership for a section of the diverse service types required by the business.
Through a Governance, Risk and Compliance framework you will:
- Input and continuous progression of the Information Security strategy Completion of comprehensive Risk assessments
- Delivery of security workstreams (risk reduction)
- Supporting the Incident management (Security) framework
- Support mitigation of risk to a level that meets the organisations requirements
- Provide a focal point for information security expertise and advice
- Take responsibility for the delivery of a quality security service
- Continuous development and alignment of InfoSec policy, Standards and guidelines
- Supporting information security awareness and education for the organisation.