IT Security Officer – Northampton
Salary Competitive / Dependant on Experience
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced IT/Information Security Officer, who will report to the Head of IT Security and Digital Forensics.
This role will be responsible for ensuring security policies, standards and best practices are reflected and implemented in technical systems, architectures and business processes.
- A successful applicant must be confident in abstracting security requirements from new projects and working alongside the application / enterprise architects in defining the security aspects of the solution while identifying any existing or emerging threats to the environment.
- Communicate and cascade security requirements to designers and be able to articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Articulate, well presented and comfortable engaging with senior management, as well as technical staff.
- Good written communication skills and abilities.
Essential Qualifications / Certifications:
- VMware Cert v5 or v6 (Certification Level not specific)
- S+ or SSCP
Desired Qualifications / Certifications:
- Microsoft MTA
- ISO27001 Implementer / Auditor
- Minimum 5 Years of Practical IT Experience
- Minimum 2 - 5 Years Information/IT Security Experience
- Practical and demonstrable working knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Technologies
- Corporate level networks and architectures
- SIEM, DLP, Log Management, VPN Technologies