Role: IT Command Centre Analyst
12 month fixed term contract
Salary: up to £28,305 + 24% shift bonus (£35k total package)
Applications are invited for the position of IT Command Centre Analyst. The role will be based in Northampton and the working hours will be a 12 month Fixed Term Contract consisting of 12 hour (07:00 to 19:00 and 19:00 and 07:00 - 4 on 3 off pattern) rotating shift Monday to Sunday.
Purpose of the Role:
The IT Command Centre Analyst role is primarily to monitor and operate all of the IT Command Centre (ITCC) systems, following correct procedures, alerts, job instructions and actions. To manage all incidents correctly, including effective communication, updates and escalation. To deliver an excellent service to all internal and external stakeholders, customers and clients, ensuring all SLA’s are met where required. This includes working on a rotating 12 hour shift based role and includes acting as an out of hour’s service desk.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operate system job schedules using BMC Control M, Metalogic Supervisor and other scheduling products.
- Analyse processing out clearing and in clearing data using SCOM, Control-M and Workflow Monitoring tools.
- Provide business with an analysis of data when requested.
- Repair schedule issues where necessary.
- Operate systems using run sheets and other documented processes/procedures.
- Provide Service Desk function where required, including take calls, provide initial triage of incidents, repair or escalate and log all details in Remedy.
- Provide 1st line support function for a variety of systems, server infrastructure and application issues.
- Ensure that procedures and operating instructions for IT Command Centre are completed to the required standards and up to date.
- Create ITCC processes and procedures where necessary.
- Assess designs and processes as part of project review work.
- Create and action Operational Acceptance testing plans.
- Where necessary input to projects by means of risk reviews, document reviews & meetings
- Monitor and action systems, server and application alerts
- Update monitoring systems and or stakeholders with comments/actions where necessary.
- Create innovative ideas to improve the way IT Command Centre runs.
- Assist planning for any changes which will involve IT Command Centre or affect service.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- (A full understanding of all IT Command Centre tools, alerting and automation.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT systems.
- A full understanding of the incident management process.
- A good knowledge of Services and SLA’s.
- Business awareness.
- Ability to train others.
- Effective communication.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Attention to detail.
- ITIL knowledge.
- Teamwork and co-operations
- Strive for Excellence
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Customer Service Focus
- Risk and Control
- Team Leadership
- Developing Others
- Analytical Thinking
For more information about the role please contact Teo Rusu on 01908 886 030 or firstname.lastname@example.org