Major Incident Manager/Problem Managers - Northampton - £35-40k + Car Allow.
Major Incident Manager/Problem Managers needed to for the the position of Service Run Manager by Northampton's leading financial services software business. They operate a vital but complex set of IT systems designed to provide critical services to major banks. They have recently been developing a new platform focussed on cutting-edge image-based processing.
Purpose of the Role:
This business is changing the way banking is done and, new roles have been identified following the introduction of IT based services that require a different management approach. Initial requirement is through the ramp up and bedding in period of those services. You will focus on understanding the service run with oversight and management throughout the 24 hour day. During and following the bedding in period the role holder will be key to identifying service gaps and improvements to move the service to a steady state.
A broad spectrum of Service Management knowledge and practices will be required to deliver the following key objectives;
- Co-ordinate service run, repair and recovery activity across internal and external supplier teams to ensure that services are fully restored to normal working
- Responsible for understanding the business impact of live incidents and ensuring that actions to mitigate those impacts are undertaken
- Carry out Post Incident Reports and ensure appropriate actions are documented within the report for all major incidents and IT SLA breaches
- Key contributor to the definition, development and maintenance of processes for Service Assurance activity
- To ensure that Service Run and Assurance activity is visible to the business and its Clients, and that a suitable high profile is maintained
- Support management of IT service recovery following Major Incidents working alongside existing incident managers
- Ensure that appropriate root cause analysis and problem management activities are undertaken by IT and suppliers agreeing and tracking actions
- Potential service threats are understood and mitigating action plans comprehended and in place
- Driving proactive improved service availability from trend analysis and CSI initiatives, following ITIL principles
Skills & Training
- Experience or involvement in incident management
- Ability to manage service recovery and repair through application of Service and Supplier Management disciplines, e.g. ITIL, as appropriate
- Full knowledge of service incident and problem management processes
- Working knowledge of IT Command Centre services and service levels
- Experience of Problem, Change and Release Management processes
For immediate consideration, please contact Peter Sanders.