Incident Response & SOC Coordinator -
Bristol, Newport, Gloucester, Avon, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Swansea, Bath
As the UK Incident Response & SOC coordinator or Information Security Technology Officer, the jobholder will be integrated in a transnational team accountable for the Information Security Incident Management for all Information Systems for this global business. The jobholder will focus on UK based issues.
You will work with his peers to ensure that they’re able to respond to any Information Security Incident in accordance with current accepted good practice internally and externally.
Within the UK perimeter, the activities may include:
- Defining and documenting the Incident Response processes.
- Managing the relationship with the IT Security providers.
- Liaising with the Security Operations Centre on incidents
- Leading and coordinating the Incident Management in the national or International perimeter.
- Reporting of Security metrics to the management.
- Coordination with the Security Operations Centre is absolutely vital to the day to day operation.
- Visible experience in Information Security and / or Information Technology.
- Experience of handling Government Classified data.
- Ability to work in an environment that requires a high level of detail and confidentiality.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team member in a challenging environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of the Security Incident Response process.
- Deep network/communications protocols and operating system knowledge.
- Knowledge of Security Monitoring tools: SIEM, IPS and specifically FireEye and Splunk
- Ability to understand a forensic analysis report and prioritize remediation actions.
- GCIH or similar certification is desirable.
For more information and immediate consideration please contact Peter Sanders