Digital Learning Technologist (Group) - Oxford
The purpose of the role is to develop and support the ongoing learning technology systems of the Group to enhance teaching, learning and assessment. To ensure quality and standards of service provide business continuity in meeting the needs of the Group. Support all key stakeholders, staff and students in utilising and developing skills to be proficient in the use of learning technologies, by running workshops and providing training opportunities. The Learning Technologist will build on the organisation’s online strategy by working with curriculum staff on developing online materials and supporting the delivery and maintenance of e-learning programmes via Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs). In addition, this position also supports the day-to-day operations of the college learning environments, providing support to staff and students as required to ensure a high level of customer service at all times.
This position will be assigned to a base location however, travel to other sites will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of developing courses within and administering/managing an LMS, specifically Canvas and Moodle
- Experience in developing training resources to deliver CPD to key stakeholders
- Experience in delivering workshops and training opportunities to key stakeholders to develop skills in learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment
- Ability to recognise and update skills to meet new advancements in learning technologies in the sector
- Identify through R&D new opportunities to enhance teaching, learning & assessment using learning technologies, to be sector leading
- A willingness to undertake CPD opportunities to enhance subject training and skills updating as necessary
- Experience dealing with student behaviour issues and/or classroom management
- Experience delivering customer-facing services to staff and students with varying levels of digital literacy
- Able to analyse administrative and functionality issues within systems to offer proactive, informed and reliable professional advice in supporting key stakeholders
- High degree of IT literacy particularly in Microsoft Office and Google+ applications
- Administer instructor led courses via Canvas
- Work with internal teams to provide business continuity in regard to LMS administration, support and potential solutions.
- Knowledge of developments in multimedia and authoring tools to resource implementation to enhance teaching, learning & assessment
- Identify suitable reporting techniques to produce analytical data to inform system usage.
- Strong design/creative skills
- A strong specialism in at least one discipline aligned with the production of online learning content, for example video/audio production, animation, graphic design
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To develop, with academic staff, the provision of online self-study materials.
- To provide a leading role in the development of information technology and its applications to teaching and professional development.
- To create and edit online learning content as required.
- To provide daily support to college learning environments, including supporting staff and students with ad hoc library and IT support requests as required.
This is a great role working in a really positive environment. The company are currently going through a period of investment and growth as they further develop their digital offerings and services, so this will be an exciting time to be joining them.