Group Head of Marketing and Communications – Oxford
Main duties and responsibilities
- To lead and continually evolve a high-performing multidisciplinary marketing and communications team that provides a full marketing service to a number of clients.
- To enhance the clients profile and reputation through high impact PR; leading on media relations, seeing out opportunities to raise awareness including opinion pieces, speaking opportunities, sponsorship and award entries.
- To ensure that all corporate communications convey compelling and consistent verbal and visual messages that are appropriate for the audience and medium, including websites, prospectuses, corporate publications, multimedia campaigns, press and social media.
- To lead a small team responsible for creative design and print production.
- To act as brand champion, maintaining and developing the group’s brand guidelines and style guide, ensuring that they are adhered to consistently across the organisation.
- To influence the use of social media channels to build engagement
- To oversee a programme of events and other outreach activities to build relationships with stakeholders
- To lead on the generation of content, increasing the group’s use of digital content and using creative approaches to encourage stakeholders to contribute.
- To achieve targets to acquire new customers for all markets through customer life-cycle management from attraction stage to alumni
- To design and deliver multi-channel creative campaigns promotions that generate and convert leads, ensuring maximum return on investment
- To deliver a range of internal communications to raise engagement of staff and students across the business.
- To support the group’s leadership with impactful and culture-changing internal communications.
Qualifications and experience
- Substantial experience of writing and producing large publications, for websites and for PR purposes.
- Track record in engaging and converting leads to achieve sales targets
- Experience of managing the media
- Experience of developing and implementing effective external and internal communications plans.
- Experience of managing marketing services across multiple brands and clients
- Track record in introducing innovative approaches to digital communication, including websites.
- Experience of leading and developing teams to achieve a high level of performance.
- A degree.
- An appropriate professional qualification (desirable).
- A creative and skilled communicator with first class copy-writing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in using web and social media channels and experience of leading creative, digital media campaigns.
- Commercial approach.
- Able to use data effectively to evaluate performance.
- Effective in a fast-paced environment with the ability to plan, prioritise and make sound decisions on the hoof.
- Good client relationship skills.
- Able to build a wide sphere of influence.
- Ability to set budgets and prioritise and track spend.
This is a great role working for an organisation that is going through a period of investment and growth.
Good benefits package also available including up to 35 days leave, on-site Gym, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers etc.
Interviews are taking place in Oxford on the afternoon of Friday 25th August.