End User Penetration Tester/Security Researcher – London – 65K SALARY + Benefits
Do you dream about dissecting security protocol stacks and can you quickly find vulnerabilities in code almost at will or think of ways of exploiting architectural flaws in seemingly watertight systems? Do you know HTTP like the back of your hand and can write a web application in a couple of hours, can you administer Linux servers in your sleep, do you know the intricacies of SQL injection, Cross-site Scripting and Cross-site Request Forgery, and can you speak TLS like a native language? If these describe you, then we would love to speak with you!
- Proven ability to program and script in a variety of programming/scripting languages, but extensive Java knowledge and experience is essential as you will be doing manual code review of (primarily) Java code for security issues
- In-depth knowledge of Linux administration and tools (familiarity with Windows is also useful)
- Proven penetration testing ability, especially in an enterprise environment. These will include the ability to use automated pen-testing tools as well as carry out manual pen testing (having ethical hacking certifications such as CEH or CREST will be very desirable, but not essential)
- Ability to review code, OS, and network security architectures; finding vulnerabilities and defining new architectures.
- Excellent team-working skills and a "can do, let's get it done" attitude is crucial
Desirable skills and qualification
- Ability to design and execute automated penetration testing modules to detect vulnerabilities during build time, coming up with innovative ways to integrate security into the SDLC
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- SIEM experience, Log analysis and alerting
- ELK experience
- Threat modelling experience
- Forensics experience
- Worked in an ISO 27001 environment
- A degree in computing with a strong security element (a Masters or PhD is even better, but not essential).
- Shares - Companies where employees are offered share options
- Holidays - Companies offering a minimum of 25 days annual leave
- Gym - On-site gym or subsidised gym memberships
- Charity Activities - 10% of staff undertake charitable activities during business hours
- Childcare - On-site nursery or vouchers
- Maternity - At least 10 weeks' leave on full pay
- Health Insurance - Full family cover
The company expand by almost 25% this year, after eight consecutive years of growth. Not surprisingly, staff are excited about where the organisation is going (an 85% positive top-10 place in our survey of mid-size companies).
The London-based firm was started 10 years ago by Peter Bauer and Neil Murray, both originally from South Africa, and now has offices in the US, UK, Australia and South Africa. There are 253 British-based staff, most of them software developers. The company encourages a can-do attitude and works hard to engage its workforce. To celebrate its 10th anniversary, the business commissioned a New York Times photojournalist, Brendan Bannon, to travel around its offices taking portraits, in an exercise designed to be both revealing and fun for all employees. Staff agree they have fun with colleagues (81%) and say that their job is an important part of their lives (83%).
With an average salary of £58,000, access to a share-option scheme and free private healthcare for themselves and their families, they are happy with the pay and benefits they receive (70%). Other perks include on-site massages, free fruit and drinks and an incentive programme.
Regular social events, including paintballing, bowling, barbecues, quiz nights and a trip to Chessington World of Adventures for all staff and their families have helped employees bond in the past year. Workers say they feel a strong sense of family in their teams (76%).
A high-performance programme is in place for all, and people also have access to internal and external training and mentoring. Everyone at the firm is encouraged to submit product and technology ideas and suggestions to a panel of experts and senior executives, with prizes on offer. Employees agree that their jobs are good for their personal growth (80%).
Mission / Vision
The company is building an information bank – a safer and more useful place for businesses to put their unstructured corporate data – providing compliance and security for IT departments and productivity tools for end users.
For more information please contact Sam Page at identifi Global
01908 88 60 37