Are you a data protection expert? We have an 18 months fix-term opportunity for a GDPR Data Protection Project Manager to oversee and manage the impact and subsequent changes required to systems where staff, and customer details are processed and stored to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations which come into force in April 2018. This role will be primarily to understand the areas of risk and to collaborate business colleagues to mitigate these risks whilst still maintaining the ability for business to effectively continue to operate.
Reporting to the Risk and Compliance Manager, this role will involve:
- Understand the GDPR and the business touch points with the new regulations
- Maintain the communication with the business stakeholders
- Liaise and work with the wider Group Support Compliance Team and provide direction to the AP stakeholders.
- Be familiar with systems, processes and reports, required by the Business, to enable BAU to continue whilst the GDPR is assessed and the data and systems subsequently changed to align to the new regulations.
- Provide guidance and support materials to business colleagues in relation to GDPR as required.
- Provide information on GDPR and what it means for the company on selected forums.
- Build a mitigation plan and track progress to remove the risks associated with the new regulations in terms of business processed
- Ensure good communication at all levels. Make sure that all information given out is up to date, accurate and appropriate.
- Report on project progress as required by the Business and the Risk and Compliance Manager.
To be successful the ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of analysing work flows/ processes/system and effectively documenting them
- Experience in managing large and complex projects
- Excellent organisational, time management and team-working skills
- The ability to effectively manage and motivate staff and builds effective relationships up and down organization
- Be able to balance the needs of the business and requirements of Best practice, managing expectations and delivery suitable solutions
- Have the eagerness to Learn and the ability to maintain knowledge of compliance requirements in order to protect the business
- Have demonstrated ability to identify, prioritise and resolve issues promptly and effectively in a commercial and practical manner.
- The ability to manage and complete projects across multiple business units and a commitment to work collaboratively with numerous stakeholders at all levels across the Company
For more information please contact Peter Sanders on 01908 886033