Cyber Security Specialist – Threat Modelling & Risk Assessment
Up to £60k + Benefits
Cyber-attacks will expose the automotive industry to $70 billion of liability by 2020. Our client help vehicle manufacturers and their partners create autonomous, more secure and better connected cars. It’s all they do, they’re thought leaders and trend setters in this space. They’re offering the opportunity to make a difference in a rapidly growing, extremely vulnerable industry within Cyberspace.
With more than 50 potential attack points in the connected car eco-system, no definitive automotive cybersecurity standards and the stakes higher than ever for decision makers, the need for clarity has never been greater. The cybersecurity and anti-theft services include strategic planning, design support, penetration testing, countermeasure evaluation, market intelligence, competitor benchmarking and training.
Are you passionate about cybersecurity and seeking to drive your career forward in a research and consulting role where you truly can push the boundaries and make a difference? Read on –
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Completing a variety of research and consultancy projects across cybersecurity to a high standard and on deadline
- Providing strategic support to clients, including threat modelling and risk assessments
- Conducting desk and field based research
- Analysing data and providing industry insight, including technical and market data reports
- Undertaking automotive systems testing and evaluation
- Presenting to clients and delivering technical workshops
- Attending and presenting at industry conferences and events
- Providing technical leadership in automotive cybersecurity
- Tracking and analysing the latest automotive technology developments and interpreting high-level industry trends.
- You’ll need an understanding of Threat risk modelling methodologies: STRIDE, DREAD, Trike, OCTAVE, HEAVENS, or EVITA.
You will have domain expertise/deep knowledge in at least one of the following cybersecurity technologies: standards and regulation, threat modelling, risk assessment, wireless communications, countermeasure technologies, hardware/software assessments, attack testing, incident response (multiple specialty areas would be a district advantage).
This role will involve travel, UK travel is few and far between however International will take up 25% of your time throughout North America, as well as abroad to the global offices in Japan and China. There may also be occasional travel to clients in other locations, all expenses paid.
- Our client won a place on league table of Britain’s fastest-growing SME exporters. Ranked 64th in Sunday Times Lloyds SME Export Track 100 league table
- More than 50% annual international sales growth over two years
- Between 2016 and 2020, car manufacturers are predicted to spend €42 billion on connected car services and autonomous technologies and they are at the forefront.
- Headquartered in Milton Keynes with offices in North America, Japan and India, they are specialists in automotive technology, providing independent research, evaluation and strategic services to 95% of the world’s leading car manufacturers.
- Having established a unique position in the sector, the company has recorded more than 50% annual international sales growth over two years.
- Their growth comes at a time when the automotive technology sector is forecast to grow significantly. Between 2016 and 2020, car manufactures are forecast to spend more than €42 billion on offering connected car services and higher levels of vehicle automation in the EU, USA and China.
- Our client’s research and strategic services focus on three growth areas: vehicle connectivity, autonomous car technologies and automotive cybersecurity.
- Recent investment from venture capitalists Albion Ventures has enabled them to further scale its operations globally, add to its world-class team of specialists, and allow the development of innovative new ways of supporting the automotive industry.
- They’re aligned with some the leading world universities to attract the top talent with Automotive Cyber Security.
What’s in it for you?
- Up to £60k basic
- 40 hour week to be made up of flexi-hours
- Private healthcare
- 3% matched pension
- Life insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Up to 20% in new car purchase discounts
- Share schemes
- 28 days holiday
For immediate consideration please contact Sam Page.
01908 88 60 37