Crypto Security Consultant – Worcestershire - £Neg
Interested in joining one of the world’s leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies?
*Employ 6000 people worldwide
*The UK’s largest research and technology organisation
What you’ll get:
- Flexible working environment
- Technical and personal development
- Career opportunities across multiple domains
- Experience on cutting edge military and security systems
Market leading benefits package which includes:
- Share Incentive Plan
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Heath cash plan
- Holiday vouchers and discounts on both holidays and holiday insurance
- Dental insurance
- Buy additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance
- Free regular health assessments
- Discounted personal accident insurance
- Reductions on meals out and cinema tickets
- High Street Store Discount scheme
- Payroll giving scheme
Job description/Person specification
Based in Worcestershire we are looking for an experienced technical consultant specialised in crypto technology to join our team.
You will provide technical advice and design aspects of systems that include cryptography and key management. A knowledge of the underpinning technology and an appreciation of the art of the possible in the future is essential in order for you to advise our customers wisely.
You will be involved with a variety of levels of maturity of systems, ranging from research into future concepts for cryptography, through requirements and architecture for future systems, through design of systems that use cryptography, to modifying in-service systems.
Most of this work is for Government clients in the UK, but you may be required to work for Commercial and overseas customers on a range of research, development and customer facing consulting roles.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large company, including flexible benefits, bonus and pension scheme.
You will be expected to travel to customer and partner sites, mostly in the UK, but some abroad.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, consultancy, design and analysis for future cryptographic and key management systems.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on cryptography and information security, including developing knowledge and experience of more junior team members
- Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multi-disciplinary, multi organisation teams to deliver customer-focused solutions.
- Through engagement with customers identify and develop business opportunities
- Lead the development of proposals in response to requests from customers and consortium partners.
- Act as lead consultant on customer research and consultancy tasks.
- Deliver high quality analysis, reports, and presentations which focus on customer problems and solutions.
- Represent the company in multi-supplier consortia.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent (minimum upper second class) normally in a STEM subject
- >5 years directly applicable experience working within the Government security domain.
- Knowledge and experience of crypto and key management research, development or product design for a standards regulated market (e.g. UK Government CAPS, FIPS, PCI DSSS)
- UK national (and not dual national) and willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and DV.
- Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
Desirable Experience of some or all of the following:
- Security risk analysis and requirements capture and the ability to build a security case
- Digital communications technology (e.g. radio, modulation, coding, protocols, internet technology)
- Security architectures and technology (hardware, software)
- Systems engineering design and implementation processes
For immediate consideration please contact Sam Page at identify Global.
01908 886 037