Business Intelligence Architect
Based in Peterborough and working for a division of this global conglomerate. You will lead and drive forward the existing Business Intelligence Centre of Excellence. Delivering reporting and analytics solutions developed in-house utilising their existing Microsoft BI stack and Cognos, to a broad range of business units and functions across the world.
The Business Intelligence Architect role is a hands-on technical position. Operating in a Multi-platform / Technology Environment, with Microsoft SQL Server being the core MI / BI platform and technology stack. Progression towards tactical use of Cognos Business Intelligence is encouraged, this is a complimentary technology in the BI portfolio, but a core toolset for CPM delivered by a separate function (Global Finance Reporting Team).
The role is responsible for leading and growing a new CoE for MI/ BI Analytics and Reporting and driving best practices across these platforms and technologies. The role is also responsible for the delivery of the MI/ BI Analytics and Reporting services (e.g. The design, implementation and support of BI software, systems and solutions, including integration with databases and data warehouses, and report writing) to business functions.
Essential Skills Required
Central Architecture / Standards
• Governance / standards for MI / BI Services
• Architecture / technical standards for MI / BI Services
• Analytics and Reporting Multi-Platform roadmap / strategies
• Dashboard/Reports architecture, design & development
• Data warehouse design + implementation, utilising multiple varied data sources (Web Apps, ERP, Financial)
• Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Good knowledge of data management / classification, security standards.
Central Development / Delivery Activities (Skills)
• Experience with Azure Hosting / O365 / Azure Data Factory / MS Flow & Power Apps
• Extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting MI/ BI applications (Microsoft SQL Server Primary, Cognos Secondary)
• Proven experience with Microsoft / Cognos reporting tools, software including associated ETL tools.
• Enterprise Middleware / Integration Tools design / implementation (e.g. Biztalk, Informatica, Talend or similar)
• Comprehensive BI/ data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modelling.
• Microsoft SQL Server Development, Master Data Services, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Inc. Tabular & Multi-dimensional), Excel, PowerView, PowerPivot, Power BI Data modelling, cube configuration and report delivery
• Reporting and Dashboard design and development (Microsoft / Cognos)
Central Service and Engagement SME
• Business Analysis and process modelling/mapping, methodology development
• Project Management/ project lifecycle methodologies
• End user training approaches /techniques
• Vendor relationship / contract management
Primary support point for MI/ BI Analytics and Reporting solutions
• Database / Data source performance monitoring, Optimisation
• Software Upgrades
• Maintain and control user access, system and user documentation
Business Intelligence Architect
|Job Title:||Business Intelligence Architect|
|Location:||Peterborough, United Kingdom|
|Contact Name:||Gary Fay|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available