Business Analyst (SC Cleared or able to become cleared). Based in Milton Keynes and working for this prestigious global information technology company who provides a portfolio of IT Services, software, and technology.
As the UK government begins to evolve their systems and processes to go digital, this company serve clients in the Public Sector with proven technical expertise and innovative approaches, they are at forefront of Digital Government.
You will be joining the team that support Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. As a Business Analyst, you will work closely with the account teams, liaising with clients to understand their business and technology drivers, creating the required business models and then presenting the companies offerings and business architecture as well as seeking feedback from users through the use of proof of concepts, prototypes and trials of proposed solutions.
This is an exciting role giving you the opportunity to drive the business strategy and architecture to clients.
- Liaise with Business Users to identify future requirements
- Capture Business User Requirements and translate these into design documentation that can be used as a baseline for Change Requests and new projects
- Facilitate workshops with representation from multiple areas of the client and Unisys to identify business needs and requirements and drive the development of solutions to meet changing business processes
- Follow up on demos and workshops, answer client and user questions
- Prioritise requirements based on Business User feedback
- Analyse and convert user requirements into functional requirements
- Where appropriate, recommend alternate options without functional changes
- Advise and assist the client regarding IT capabilities and see how to utilize functionality within the application
- Perform initial impact analysis
- Group requirements into logical work-packages
- Document Change Requests and present to the Solution Team for analysis
- Liaise with the Solution Team and finalise the design of these change requests
- Perform Business Impact Analysis for change requests and fault fixing releases
- Plan, conduct and document proof of concept, prototyping and trial activities, including performing analysis of outcomes and presentation of results
- Able to interact and communicate effectively and clearly with all levels of staff in both the business and technical areas, internally and in client organisations, with the ability to keep discussions at the appropriate level of detail
- Able to be a Customer Advocate, with experience supporting mission critical services
- Excellent client-facing skills, able to communicate with both functional and technical audiences
- Able to prioritise work activities and identify risks to quality or timelines
- Passionate about delivering solutions which can drive real business value to these key clients
We would expect you to be working as Business Analyst, or equivalent, and you will have undertaken the role of a Business Analyst in 2-3 large projects (value £1m+). Experienced in using Unified Modelling Language (UML) would be an advantage and previous experience in the digital investigation, intelligence or law enforcement domains would be a distinct benefit. Experience undertaking user experience testing would be beneficial as well as an ITIL Understanding, ideally ITIL Foundation Qualified.
Current or previous SC clearance is required or at the very least able to become cleared. Please Note: To gain SC clearance you will have to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years.