BI Reporting Developer / Architect is a Senior hands-on technical position based in Peterborough.
The role is responsible for establishing a new centre of excellence for MI/ BI Analytics and Reporting solutions.
The role is also responsible for the delivery of the MI/ BI Analytics and Reporting services (e.g. The design, implementation and support of BI software, systems and solutions, including integration with databases and data warehouses, and report writing). Operating in a Multi-platform / Technology Environment, with Microsoft SQL Server being the core Mi / BI platform and technology stack.
Progression towards greater use of Cognos Business Intelligence is underway, this starting from the TM1 application suite.
We would expect you to have extensive experience in installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting MI/ BI applications (Microsoft SQL Server Primary, Cognos Secondary)
- Development of automated business data integration products, processes and tools
- Data modelling, cube configuration and report delivery
- Reporting and Dashboard design and development (Microsoft / Cognos)
- Microsoft SQL Server Development, Master Data Services, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS (Inc. Tabular & Multi-dimensional), Excel, PowerView, PowerPivot, Power BI
- Experience with applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as Cognos Business Intelligence Suite, including TM1, Oracle Hyperion, etc.
- Enterprise Middleware / Integration Tools design / implementation (e.g. Biztalk, Informatica, Talend or simliar)
- Proven experience with Microsoft / Cognos reporting tools, software including associated ETL tools.
Experience of central Architecture / Standards would be highly desirable, data Integration / SOA / Enterprise Middleware, Architectural design and implementation would be beneficial.