We have an exciting opportunity for an Android Application Software Engineer to join our Research & Development department for 3 to 6 months, working on innovate consumer diagnostic products for a market leader.
We’re looking for an Android developer with a proven track record of building outstanding apps. You will have an in-depth knowledge of Android Drawable, Paint and Canvas classes and techniques for developing high quality custom components for data display and manipulation.
The Software Team is integral in the development of our next generation of products and is situated in Bedford.
- Design, develop and deliver innovative Android application custom components.
- Input into the resolution of problems and technical challenges.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience developing on Android
- Excellent understanding of Android Drawable, Paint and Canvas classes
- Excellent understanding of programming patterns and ability to architect elegant solutions to complex problems using abstract classes
- Flexibility to deal with a rapidly changing environment
- Passion for quality and maintainability of code
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally have experience in the following:
- Knowledge of RESTful web services and integration with Web API’s.
- JIRA and Subversion
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.