Vehicle Workshop Controller – Leighton Buzzard
Salaries & shifts:
4 on 4 off (Nights) - £32,500 basic with up to £34,500 OTE
4 on 4 off (Days) - £30,000 basic with up to £32,000 OTE
At CarShop, we are absolutely committed to making sure our Colleagues have a great place to work, are excited and engaged in what they are doing and are rewarded for their achievements.
Our fantastic benefits package includes:
- 22 days’ holiday that increases with length of service
- BUPA Private medical insurance options
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Assurance scheme
Let’s start with the facts
CarShop aims to be the employer of choice within the motor retail industry. We put a lot of time and effort into finding and nurturing the very best candidates for every job, recognising and rewarding your achievements and supporting your personal development.
Achieving this goal will help us maintain our position as the UK’s leading used car supermarket group. It will also enable us to set the standard by which all other motor dealerships and car supermarkets are measured. Established in 1999, CarShop have a £200 million annual turnover, 20,000+ annual retail sales, up to 3,500 cars in group stock at any one time, over 500employees, 17 years of experience, 5 huge retail stores, and huge ambition for continued innovation and success.
The job in a nutshell
CarShop, part of the Sytner Group are going through tremendous growth with new stores opening within the next 12-18 months.
Our State-of-the-art facility in Leighton Buzzard supply all vehicles to our stores and we processed over 44,000 vehicles in 2016 with growth plans in 2017. This means we are looking for highly driven and motivated production / workshop controllers to come and join our production teams.
This is a critical and important job which ensures the smooth running of each production area. You are responsible for the effective daily management and work planning of your production team by effectively using our work shop loading technology.
It will be important for you to have clear visibility of work-loads by discipline so you can plan production effectively ensuring it is fully optimised and daily production targets are achieved.
This is a night shift job which starts at 6pm and finishes at 6am. It is a 4 nights on and 4 nights off rota.
What you will be doing
- Produce effective production schedules with your team and fellow Controllers.
- Ensure there is sufficient head-count in order to achieve your targets within agreed business parameters
- Ensure Company processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Operate the workshop and body shop efficiently. This will be measured by achievement of labour utilization and productive efficiency, which will be ultimately linked to the pay-plan scheme for your productive team, therefore accuracy is essential.
- Ensure premises, equipment and other assets are controlled and used effectively in conjunction with the achievement of labour efficiency targets.
What we expect from you
- A full UK/EU Driving License
- Previous experience of leading teams
- Technology driven
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative
- Previous experience in the motor industry would be advantageous