Role: Windows Application Developer
Salary: £27,000 - £36,540 + car allowance £4100
Purpose of the Role
The Windows Application Developer will be responsible for design and development of solutions to support the client’s Windows applications including scheduling applications, internal/external access and archiving solutions, across all necessary environments to meet the company business change projects.
The function will support the end to end development and deployment process working with other business.
Key responsibilities included:
- Analyse requirements and produce high and low level solution designs
- Contribute to design and development standards
- Design and Development of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS solutions including the creation of SQL Server tables, stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Design and Development of web services and related components using the .Net framework.
- Adhere to the application development and deployment processes
- Provide consultancy and coaching to less experienced members of the team and perform code reviews.
- Provide subject matter expertise in relation to applications/technologies supported and processes owned to the team and the business.
- Provide 3rd line support within agreed Problem Management and Service Assurance targets
- Manage time and priorities of allocated projects utilizing resource demand planning tools
- Co-ordinate the release of scheduled application Fix releases
- Lead the technical delivery for small to medium projects, effectively within agreed estimates, timescales, quality and budget.
- Lead improvement activities or initiatives with focus on service quality and cost reduction
- Identify and deliver upon opportunities that improve service quality and enhance performance and efficiency in own department and across the business
- Identify team and project risks
- Review and maintain project documentation
- Operate within the company’s IT Service Management & release management policy and processes
- Administration and reporting tasks as requested by the manager
- Adherence to all of the company’s IT policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of .Net framework 4 (and above), C# language
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Server tables, stored procedures, views and triggers development.
- Knowledge of both Agile (SCRUM and KANBAN) and Waterfall Project Management, Systems Development and Release Lifecycle methodology
- Good working knowledge in the use of incident management toolsets and source control software.
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis & problem solving skills
- Experience of writing clean, concise and useful unit tests and automated tests using tools such as Selenium, Specflow or Cucumber.
- Experience developing against distributed software architectures.
- TFS and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience of applying SOLID design principles
- Experience of writing clean, well-structured code with emphasis on reusability.
- Design patterns knowledge
- Experience being a technical lead on a project
- Understanding of Cheque Clearing processes
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL IT Service Management processes.
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Strive for Excellence
- Interpersonal Skills and Communications
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Customer Service Focus
- Risk and Control
- Impact & Influence
- Analytical Thinking
- Broad Perspective