Windows Application Developer
6 Months Contract
Competitive Rates Available
In the position of Windows Application Developer you will be reporting to the Development Lead, the Windows Application Developer will be responsible for design and development of solutions to support a wide variety of Windows applications including scheduling applications, internal/external access and archiving solutions, across all necessary environments to meet business change projects.
- Excellent knowledge of .Net framework 4 (and above), C# language
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Server development
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Project Management, Systems Development and Release Lifecycle methodology
- Good working knowledge in the use of incident management toolsets and source control software.
- Excellent Root Cause Analysis & problem solving skills
- Experience developing against distributed software architectures.
- TFS and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience of applying SOLID design principles
- Experience of writing clean, well-structured code with emphasis on reusability.
- Experience of writing clean, concise and useful unit tests, as well as experience of unit integration or UI testing, eg. with Selenium or SpecFlow
- Design patterns knowledge
- Experience being a technical lead on a project
- Understanding of Cheque Clearing processes
- ITIL V3 foundation
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL IT Service Management processes.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Used to cross team collaboration and working
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to offer innovative solutions under own initiative
- Quality oriented
- Customer Focused
- Able to engage and influence at peer and manager level
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work in rapidly moving environment where requirements evolve
- Well-rounded engineer who is happy to pick up any new tool/technology as opposed to just focusing on either back-end or front end